The Cupertino company sent out its official invitations this week for its WWDC launch conference, its annual gathering for developers. Several key announcements are expected at the event, including the formalization of its mixed reality headset.
when Monday, June 5 at 7pm (Belgium time)
or ? at Apple Park in Cupertino, California, online and live on the US company’s website and on its YouTube channel.
what Many software and hardware updates.
Apple Environment Update
The WWDC launch conference is traditionally the time when Apple releases new versions of its various operating systems. Cupertino’s rule is not to quit this year.
So we can expect its presentationiOS 17, iPadOS 17, watchOS 10, macOS 14 and tvOS 17.
Some major innovations are expected in the iPhone’s operating system, but for the rest, little information has been leaked, suggesting that the updates should be limited to a few improvements.
But also: Third-party app stores may be introduced on the iPhone and iPad, but nothing is certain. We know how much Apple opposes this, but pressure from regulators, especially European, can overcome reluctance.
A formalization of the mixed reality headset, finally
If some doubts still persist, Apple’s calls to the press and developers seem to confirm what many have long expected: the Cupertino company will formalize its first virtual and augmented reality headset.
Behind the stylized bird of the invitations hides a hint of the famous helmet. In any case, this is the interpretation of many. The curve of the magpie’s wings evokes a gaze, while its tail represents the attachment of the skull.
Additionally, many virtual and augmented reality experts have been invited to the event. Here again, it is enough to remove the last doubts.
Before that, other elements have already indicated that Apple is planning to release its first mixed reality product.
What we think we know about Apple Reality Pro – name to be confirmed:
- The device contains Two 4K definition OLED screensOne for each eye, as well as about fifteen cameras.
- Eight of them will use it to mimic the external environment to create a fake augmented reality.
- Used to track the user’s movements to allow interaction with 7 other applications.
- Helmets are enclosed Eye tracking sensors, as well as modify the display. The field of view is as wide as 120 degrees.
- It will be added A state-of-the-art surround sound system To encourage immersion.
- The object is distinctly Apple-like, sophisticated in relaxed and premium materials.
- A new operating system Parallels will be offered on xrOS or RealityOS.
- Apple will offer an integrated experience across its various services, notably TV+, Fitness+ and Arcade.
- If his presentation on June 5 goes well, Its release is not scheduled before the end of the year.
- Just give the interested parties time to make sacrifices and save money, because the money has to be paid $3,000 According to the rumor, to get it.
With this device, Apple will change its strategy, as the American company will not target the general public, but target the niche consumers. It will be a development tool for professionals. After all, Apple wants to show its potential, but also give a taste of the future. According to well-known journalist Mark Gurman, a more accessible model, glasses rather than helmets, should be offered in the coming years.
Other announcements may take place, including a new MacBook Air, but there’s a good chance they’ll be overshadowed by Apple Reality Pro. So the Cupertino company may have chosen to tone down its product announcements.
See you on June 5th Next, check out Apple’s site, its YouTube channel, or Business AM to see if the rumor is true.
“Travel aficionado. Incurable bacon specialist. Tv evangelist. Wannabe internet enthusiast. Typical creator.”